Cook - Food and Nutrition Services - This is a 1.0 FTE postion. This position works various hours during weekdays and weekends. This position is located at Providence Seaside Hospital in Seaside, Or.
$4,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Preps, prepares and produces large quantities of entrées, starches, vegetables, soups, sauces, sandwiches, french fries, specialty features, and salads on a daily basis from a large cycle menu.
Serves on-line as appropriate and may be called to batch cook various menu items, anticipating cooking and finishing off lead times for highly fluctuating volumes.
Prepares individual plates/orders according to customer preferences, preparing both hot and cold menu selections, and using a variety of different cooking equipment including a range top, oven, steamer, combi-ovens, microwave, grill, cold prep table, induction burners.
Reads and follow recipes as directed by department standards. Must be able to trouble shoot food and recipe issues when reviewing next day menu. Must interpret and anticipate potential problems or errors and work with their immediate supervisor to find appropriate solutions.
Daily and consistently organizes, stocks, labels and dates all stored items.
Constantly cleans, sanitizes food areas and equipment including production, service and all appropriate storage areas.
Ensures food is stored at proper temperatures and is rotated as per department standards and FIFO principles.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Ensures food quality meets department and state health standards.
• Food prepared according to recipes using proper safety and sanitation techniques.
• Coordinates food production to meet deadlines.
• Checks catering board. Integrates catering events into daily production.
• Supervises and directs diet aide's work.
• Maintains adequate supply of prepared items for sale in Emilie's Ex: salad bar, grill bar, and desserts.
• Assembly of meal tray meets with department standards and designated menu.
• Patient and non-patient needs are always considered in meal service.
• Appearance of meal tray and plate is attractive and neat.
• Coffee is made and supplied to meet the demand of cafeteria and catering.
• Food prepared and maintained at proper temperatures. Temperatures Record at each meal.
• Must hold current state food handler's card.
• Performs work in a manner that ensures a safe working environment to self and others.
• Leaves work area neat and orderly for next shift.
• Abides by safety and sanitation policies listed in departmental policies and procedures.
• Properly uses and cares for equipment used in the facility.
• Kitchen area is kept secure of unauthorized persons.
• Responsible for pre-washing all cooking utensils and pots and pans.
• Proper uniform is worn and personal appearance is in accordance with hospital standards. Name tag worn.
• Is courteous, polite, pleasant, and honest when dealing with all customers.
• Proper telephone etiquette is used with all telephone conversations.
• Actively seeks ways to aid customers.
• Attends all departmental meetings and training sessions.
• Assists at cash register. Accurately completes the daily cash report, maintains cash drawer, and receipts money.
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cook/Chef
Req ID: 356853