Providence Health & Services Research Program Support Assistant PSJH in Portland, Oregon
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Research Program Support Assistant (Remote/Hybrid)
We are seeking a Research Program Support Assistant to provide administrative support, participant outreach, and document management for research projects and operations at the Providence Research Network Hub.
The Providence Research Network Hub supports, facilitates, and catalyzes research across the entire Providence network in 9 states. We support established research centers in spreading clinical trials and publishing results, and we support physician researchers in independent research projects. We also conduct research of our own, specializing in studies that assess the implementation of cutting-edge technologies in health care settings.
OUR GOAL? TO LIFT AND BROADEN PROVIDENCE’S NAME IN RESEARCH.
In this position you will:
• Frequent communication with multiple research departments, across Providence ministries, and with the system office.
• Communication with study participants, including recruitment, consent, and support to navigate study processes
• Chart review, abstraction, and development of QA/training for abstractors
• Coordination and organization of materials from multiple sources with varying degrees of complexity with need for frequent follow up for necessary information.
• Coordinate the routing, management and retention of research related documents for all Providence research programs supported by the Office of Research Administration/Research Network Hub, including routine communication to keep records up to date.
• Maintain study files and contracts in Administrative offices and internal document repositories, including SharePoint, and processes reports on study dates and statuses.
• Support team in new project intake process.
• Communicate with PHS research departments to exchange timely information regarding status of clinical trials and ongoing research related activities.
• Support team with agendas and minutes for meetings, update documents and announcements on department SharePoint site.
• Complete data collection, data entry, statistical reporting and general correspondence in support of department programs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Associate's Degree or 2 additional years of related experience
• 3 years Office administration and/or secretarial experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, biology, or similar
• 2 years experience supporting clinical trials
• Experience in a clinical setting, including registrar experience, medical assistant, or lab work
• 2 years SharePoint or Microsoft 365 experience; experience with other document databases and contract management platforms
• Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP )
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Req ID: 297544