Providence Health & Services Manager Accounting in Portland, Oregon
Providence Health Plan is calling a Accounting Manager over Expense and Cost Accounting:
We are seeking an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for accounting, reporting and costing of corporate operating expenses for Providence Health Plan and it’s direct affiliates. The Manager establishes and maintains policies and procedures in order to ensure effective, accurate and timely reporting, following applicable accounting standards (GAAP, SAP, etc.) as well as ensuring strong internal controls are achieved and maintained. The Manager will work closely with internal and external customers and business partners. A primary responsibility will be to support and develop the expense team staff.
Achieve and maintain high quality, accurate and timely financial reporting for a multi-entity complex organization that is under continuous change.
Prioritizing work in a fast paced changing environment.
Maintain positive morale, effective cross training and job responsibilities in a changing environment.
In this position you will:
• Manage all accounting functions in order to prepare accurate and timely financial reporting.
• Hire, develop and provide performance reviews for direct reports.
• Develop & maintain accounting policies, procedures and work flow processes in order to assure accurate and complete financial reporting with strong internal controls.
• Develop and maintain accurate cost accounting methodologies for administrative expenses used in financial reporting, pricing and administrative expense benchmark surveys.
• Manage and/or participate in projects impacting accounting and financial reporting including system upgrades, conversions, implementation of new products and new business requirements.
• Review and approve documents supporting month end close and accurate financial reporting including general ledger reconciliations and journal entries.
• Responsible for providing financial data and reporting on expenses.
• Develop and monitor team performance standards.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• 5 years experience progressive accounting experience
• Lead or supervisory/management experience
• Healthcare insurance experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Lead/Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 306634