Providence Health & Services Assistant Food Services - Irvington Assisted Living Facility *Up to $2,000 Hiring Bonus* in Portland, Oregon
Providence is calling an Assistant Food Services - Irvington Assisted Living Facility (1.0 FTE, Evenings) to Providence Elderplace Oregon in Portland, OR.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire System.
This position offers a sign on bonus for eligible external candidates only.
We are seeking an Assistant Food Services - Irvington Assisted Living Facility who will provide attractive and nutritious meals to participants and guests by timely and accurate assembly of food service area.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepares beverages, garnishes and accompaniments for resident meals and assists cooks as instructed.
- Places utensils, food, and beverages on patient trays as dictated by menu and diet.
- Loads and delivers carts to specified nursing units.
- Retrieves tray carts from nursing units.
- Loads dishes into machine to be washed and unloads clean dishes and equipment into specified dispensers and stores in proper storage locations.
- Uses safe food handling techniques in preparation, serving, and delivery of foods.
- Empties and washes tray carts.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area equipment.
We are seeking a Assistant Food Services - Irvington Assisted Living Facility
Provides attractive and nutritious meals to participants and guests by timely and accurate assembly of food service area.
1. Ensuring delivery of hot, aesthetically pleasing and nutritionally correct meals to residents.
2. Working with food products in a manner that optimizes correct handling, temperature, and storage standards.
3. Performing duties in a congested, busy work environment.
4. Performing repetitive duties for extended periods of time.
5. Working with and handling food in a manner which assures customers are not exposed to food borne illness.
6. Organizing duties to meet demands of hospital staff and patients in an environment where workloads change quickly.
Patient Population Served:
Consequently, the employee must be competent in the interpretation of a patient's self-report or behavior, and this information must be interpreted with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial and chronological mat
In this position you will:
• Prepares beverages, garnishes and accompaniments for resident meals and assists cooks as instructed.
• Places utensils, food, and beverages on patient trays as dictated by menu and diet.
• Loads and delivers carts to specified nursing units.
• Retrieves tray carts from nursing units.
• Loads dishes into machine to be washed and unloads clean dishes and equipment into specified dispensers and stores in proper storage locations.
• Uses safe food handling techniques in preparation, serving, and delivery of foods.
• Empties and washes tray carts.
• Cleans and sanitizes work area equipment.
Required qualifications this position include:
• Current Multnomah County Food Handlers Certificate.
• In compliance with company policy and state regulations, a Department of Human Services (DHS) criminal background check may be required for this position based upon the location of the position. Fingerprinting may be required also.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work
environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team
member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our
patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees
create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor,
introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and
updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their
concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our
award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the
Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of
Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our
many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Food Service Attendant
Req ID: 324673