Providence Health & Services Business Systems Analyst 3 in Beaverton, Oregon
Providence is calling a Business Systems Analyst 3 to our location in Beaverton, OR.
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst 3 who will be responsible for coordinating with vendors, partners, architects, project management, other caregivers within their agile team and throughout the company to facilitate meetings, manage structured email correspondence and organize virtual sessions to elicit and document requirements of various types for initiatives supporting all departments within Providence Health Plans.
Business Analyst 3 will work with the product owners and the business stakeholders to help define the requirements and priorities and support a team of developers and testers to deliver data integration projects involving large and complex data sets.
Utilizing SMART criteria and balancing productive skepticism with scrutiny, Business Analyst 3 will provide periodic mentorship to other caregivers on how to analyze current and proposed processes, document deltas, provide project support, troubleshoot reports/extracts, create well-formed user stories in TFS, collect / organize / document user feedback as well as develop supporting documentation including but not limited to process workflows, mapping documents, security configurations, batch job documentation, change requests, SQL queries, use cases, mockups, acceptance criteria and SharePoint pages.
Business Analyst 3 will collaborate closely with Quality Assurance Engineers, taking the lead when necessary to lead the creation of test plans, test scripts, test data, communication plans, bugs and report outs.
Business Analyst 3 will perform duties as a member of a Scrum or Kanban agile team where they will be responsible for adhering to team agreements, attending team ceremonies, proactively contributing to ensure team successfully completes all commitments each sprint and advocating for team to continuously work to improve velocity and quality each sprint. On-call and after-hours support duties are an expectation with this position. All IS caregivers are expected to possess an understanding of Providence Health Plans and the Information Services departmental goals, strategies, roadmap.
- Collaborating with teams and individuals within a highly regulated, rapidly changing industry to design/develop/manage numerous simultaneous solutions in a fast paced, high demand, rapidly evolving technical environment that consistently produce high quality/value business deliverables.
In this position you will:
• Define the requirements by analyzing all possible business scenario and drive efficiency in data driven software requirements management
• Provide clarity on business requirements to the developers and testers
• Demo the solution delivered to the business aligning the technical solution to the business requirements
• Support and enable user acceptance testing for the delivered solutions
• Demonstrate enhanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Frequently able to form / convey pertinent, well organized, high level concepts accompanied with an appropriate level of supporting detail.
• Frequently mentor others to produce audience appropriate presentations including, content, mannerisms, room presence, vernacular and preparation.
• Frequently provides assistance to others in forming /delivering communication.
• Frequently provides coaching for grammar, presentation, content, logical flow, etc.
• Prepare test data, create and execute test plans, analyze and process test results supporting high quality team deliverables:
• Participant in and contribute to the ongoing improvement of our Agile work environment.
• Providing assistance across traditional job roles Business Analyst 3 will perform duties as a member of a Scrum or Kanban agile team where they will be responsible for constantly fostering open, honest, respectful communication while helping the team adhere to the agile principles in support of continuously increasing business value.
• Organizing, attending, participating and documenting all agile team ceremonies such that they produce tangible business value including Standups, Quarterly Road Mappings, Stakeholder Prioritizations, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning and Retrospectives.
• Foster innovation within the IS department and company.
• Frequently leading efforts to innovate and improve processes, policies, techniques and best practices supporting department and team goals.
• Bachelor's Degree plus 4 years industry related experience or 8 years of industry related experience
• Associate's Degree plus 6 years industry related experience or equivalent educ/experience
• IIBA certification
• Demonstrated experience taking leadership role in addressing system related issues
• Demonstrated experience using LEAN techniques in analyzing requirements for potential automation
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Analytics/Business Intelligence
Req ID: 302296